Part II: What Your Child’s Behavior Is Trying To Tell You
The workshop experience will include fun, interactive activities and discussions:
Topics & Goals:
- Parents will learn about the functions of behavior. By understanding what a child is trying to accomplish with behavior, you can help guide them to more effective behaviors.
- Parents will learn to identify early signs of their child’s dysregulation and learn how to help their child maintain a regulated state.
- Together we will watch videos of children in a dysregulated state and explore techniques parents can use to reduce tension and teach self-regulation skills instead of using punishment.
- We will discuss the balance of creating predictability for your child while intentionally building in opportunities to build flexibility to adapt to new situations.
- Parents will learn how to set “next step” goals that help children grow without sending them into a dysregulated state.
- We will discuss the power of the online parent network and how we can both receive advice and offer it.